In 2016 the Hansgrohe family will celebrate its 115th birthday. Founder Hans Grohe started out small in 1901, with his metal pressing workshop in the Black Forest. The company headquarters are still located in the adoptive home of “Clever Hans”. But today the brand that he created enjoys a worldwide reputation: Hansgrohe products, with the “Made in Germany” quality requirement, are used around the world.
- was founded in 1901 by trained clothier and exceptionally gifted innovator Hans Grohe (1871-1955) in Schiltach in the Black Forest, Germany;
- is a European stock corporation (Societas Europaea SE), which is not listed on the stock exchange;
- has two majority shareholders:
- the Klaus Grohe family, Schiltach (32 %).
- the American Masco Corporation, Taylor/Michigan (68%).
The Hansgrohe Group pursues five strategic approaches:
- Innovation, design and sustainability – consolidation of its innovation leadership in technology, design and sustainability
- Global speed – expansion of its international market presence and development of the emerging markets business model
- Quality and productivity – improving product quality and developing a “Global Production Balance”
- Lean business processes – streamlining of business processes
- Organisation – development of the company's organisational structure, international personnel development and talent management