Ever since the formation of the company in 1901, the name Hansgrohe has not only stood for numerous innovations in design and technology, but also for acting in a responsible manner. “Sustainable Management” is a term used by many companies - at Hansgrohe it is an integral part of the entrepreneurial business activities on an international level, and is measurable and fully comprehensible.
Out of responsibility for society, the Hansgrohe Group acts in such a way that:
- the health and safety of all members of staff at their workplaces is ensured;
- environmental compatibility, safety and the highest quality of production and products is guaranteed;
- water and other precious resources are responsibly and sustainably utilised and ethical principles receive full attention.
The Hansgrohe Group formulates strategic sustainability targets and introduces these into its business processes. A management system unites aspects of environmental protection, quality management and occupational safety all under one roof.
The Hansgrohe Group:
- gears itself to the requirements and needs of its customers and the users of its products;
- ensures that all relevant legal and other requirements are observed. The company regularly carries out internal tests and training and works closely and faithfully with technical organisations and authorities;
- raises the awareness of its employees in their respective fields of responsibility regarding the importance of health and environmental protection, occupational safety and quality assurance, as well as using water and other precious resources in a sustainable way. This means that the company actively involves the employees – especially within the scope of continuous improvement processes;
- subjects all its business activities to regular risk analysis, aiming to proactively detect and eliminate potential sources of danger. Furthermore, the company examines all incidents or near incidents and analyses their causes in order to detect and eliminate weaknesses. On this basis the company develops additional preventive strategies;
- provides suitable technologies, tools and methods as well as the necessary information required by the employees to support the implementation and fulfilment of these guiding principles in the best possible way;
- cooperates closely with suppliers and contractors to make sure that their services and practices meet the requirements resulting from these guiding principles;
- within the scope of environmental and health protection, occupational safety and risk management, regularly checks compliance with these guiding principles with the objective of continuing to improve health protection, occupational safety and environmental protection as well as quality assurance. Moreover, the company has the efficiency of its management systems and measures regularly audited by independent institutions.