Embrace the avantgarde by championing form and function
Avantgarde design is about innovation and experimentation, mixing the linear and the undulating, using unorthodox materials to create a contemporary space. Just as important as the appearance is the functionality, making the smart technology in hansgrohe’s mixers and showers an ideal match for the Avantgarde style bathroom.
Creative room planning for the avantgarde bathroom
This style of bathroom fits seamlessly into a home with modern architecture, or even an old building finished in an open-plan manner. It’s a chance to rethink conventional design specifications, and to take inspiration from the environment around you. Guiding avantgarde principles include:
- Be mindful of both aesthetics and function in your choices of colours, shapes and materials.
- Pay close attention to the quality, durability and sustainability of every part of the bathroom.
Use the avantgarde ethos holistically, both in the layout and the interior design of the room.
The spatial effect in the avantgarde bathroom isn’t a coincidence, but the result of skilful planning. Here are a few ideas on how to plan your own space:
Use room heights and levels innovatively. You could make a feature of sloping ceilings, install platforms or divide up your interior in an inventive way, using structuring elements of different shapes and heights for a surprising and interesting effect.
- Set up individual experience zones, so that you have bathing and functional areas, as well as an area dedicated to relaxation.
- Skilfully integrate the bathroom into the remaining living space – for example, with expansive window views or an open transition to a bedroom or dressing area.
Avantgarde and the importance of quality
Form and function, clean organic lines: the hallmarks of the modern avantgarde bathroom. Taking the design back to the bare essentials provides a relaxing and spacious environment. Key to this is the quality of the accessories you choose, both in terms of design and functionality, so pay close attention to materials and technologies you choose.
- Natural stone tiles, exposed concrete, pure white walls and spacious glass fronts form the understated framework for an avantgarde interior.
- Precise geometric shapes and a calming symmetry add a sense of clarity.
- The use of quality wood accentuates the organic nature of the design
- A muted accent colour adds warmth to the bathroom and gives impact to elegant white bathroom ceramics and taps.
The avantgarde bathroom design focuses on both luxurious comfort and the prudent use of water and energy.
Award-winning design and eco friendly water indulgence
Avantgarde design makes a feature of tastefully blending different materials and colours, making the taps in hansgrohe’s PuraVida range a perfect fit. The use of both white and chrome plays to the dual nature of the trend, while the sculptural lines hint at the organic while housing trendsetting technology. In the spacious shower, the linear Raindance Rainfall overhead shower completes the room’s design style.
Find bathroom showrooms in your area
hansgrohe Loading showroom data
An error occurred. Please reload the page.