Hand showersLong lasting quality: one of our most important features is that we have both copper and nickel underneath our chrome.
This delivers a longer lasting quality finish than other manufacturers.
Stages• Basic material: ABS (Acrylnitryl-Butadin-Styrol) from the injection molding offers the option for a lot of different forms.
• Etching: (chromic acid) The surface is treated so that it gets porous like a sponge. The butadin is flushed out of the surface.
Little holes appear in the upper layer of the surface.
• Incorporation of Palladium:(not visible optically) Without incorporating the palladium chemical nickel-plating is impossible.
• Chemical nickel-plating: This step is a precondition for the galvanic electroplating.
• Pre-nickel-plating: Protection layer and refinement of the surface.
• Copper layer: Guarantees for the temperature and stress equalization between the chrome layer and the plastic approximately
• Pearl nickel: Basic layer for the final finish: satin chrome.
• Shiny nickel: Basic layer for the final finishes: chrome, aranja, polished brass.
• Final layer: thickness of the layer approximately 60my (60/1000mm).
Basin tapsOur chrome plated surface is 0.2 – 0.6 microns thick. Some other brassware manufacturers use thinner plating to reduce costs even though this can reduce life expectancy.
Stages1 Basic material: brass. Why brass? Very resistant towards corrosion, easy to work on, weight = value of the product
What kind of alloy is brass? copper and zinc
2 During the basic production (turning workshop) all the openings are machined during one single working process. This way the
place for the cartridge, the thread for the aerator, the support for the connecting hoses and the seat for the ceramic are
3 The final design or form is produced. The machining time lies between 20 seconds and 2 minutes, depending on the complexity
of the product. Most of the products are machined by robot today. Parts which have a lot of different radii and/or curves on very
narrow space are ground and polished by hand.
4 Preparation for the galvanizing process.
5 First layer serves as an additional protection against corrosion.
6 Final surface, very durable, highly valuable optic.
7 In the final assembly the single components are put together to a complete product.
Find bathroom showrooms in your area
hansgrohe Loading showroom data
An error occurred. Please reload the page.